As we’ve explained in a previous post, the main difference between digital and traditional marketing is the channel through which the message for a potential customer is sent.
In simple terms, digital marketing is a marketing strategy through electronic means, allowing businesses to reach a wider pool of potential customers, by marketing targeted offers.
Thus, it goes without saying that digital marketing could not exist without some pillar digital tools, which we call the 5 D’s. These are the following:
1. Digital Devices that people usually use, such as mobile phones, laptops, tablets, smart TVs/watches, that can be used to target an audience for marketing purposes.
2. Digital Platforms – social media, search engines, websites – these are the “places” where you can promote your ads and advertising campaigns.
3. Digital Media are paid and/or owned channels that can be used to reach your audience. In other words, you can say that it has to do with how you connect to your target audience on the chosen platform. They include: online advertising, social media marketing, messaging, email marketing.
4. Digital Data is the relevant information about potential customers and targeted audience that can be captured via contact forms, surveys and/or apps.
5. Digital Technology can be seen as the cherry on the top. It refers to the technology being used with a marketing objective. And nowadays, it is rapidly evolving. Some examples are: Artificial intelligence (AI), Augmented reality (AR), Virtual reality (VR).
Make sure to consider all the 5 D’s of Digital Marketing and to choose the right ones for your brand. Or better contact us for a professional approach. We’d be happy to advise and contribute to the growth of your business.