Before planning a marketing campaign, it’s important to analyze what works best for your business and what type of marketing suits it better. So first of all, let’s see which are the main types of Digital Marketing and how they work.
In Digital Marketing, there are 8 main categories:
1. Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is a Digital Marketing strategy researching keywords and phrases that consumers use to search for information online and using them to increase search engine traffic.
2. PPC (Pay per Click) is another way of increasing the search traffic but in an inorganic way, by paying for the advertisements to appear as top results in the SERP.
3. Social Media Marketing uses social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, TikTok and many others to promote the brand and its purpose. Unlike posting on personal accounts, a business social media account must have an integrated and strategic approach.
4. Content Marketing uses visual and textual resources to increase brand awareness and attract potential customers. Its purpose is to also build a sustainable, trusting relationship with the clients/followers.
5. Despite the popularity of social media, Email Marketing is still one of the most effective marketing techniques. This type of content marketing provides value to consumers and over time converts them into customers.
6. Mobile marketing reaches people through text messages, social media, websites, email and mobile apps. The advantage here is that marketers can send personalized messages according to the customer’s location, age range, and preferences.
7. Marketing Analytics is one of the main advantages of Digital Marketing compared to classic marketing. The first one is highly trackable and measurable, offering marketers valuable information about campaign success and progress in real time.
8. Affiliate Marketing – a quite new type of marketing, also known as influencer marketing, uses influencers and industry experts to connect customers with brands and their products.
Not sure which one works best for your business? Request a free audit for your business and we’ll help you establish the strategy that suits your needs.